About Voice of Vashon
KVSH 101.9FM – A to I
KVSH 101.9FM – J to Z
METRO PRECAUTIONS DURING COVID-19 PANDEMIC
March 16th, 2020 - Posted in Alerts
King County Metro Transit Precautions What Metro is doing as precautions against COVID-19:
* They have quickly transitioned to ensure that every bus, streetcar, and water taxi is disinfected by Metro’s crews every single day.
* Their trained team members focus especially on high-touch areas, including buttons, handholds, pull cords, rails, and stanchions.
* Crews will be utilizing personal protective equipment (PPE) and apply Virex-II-286 in backpack sprayers on buses and streetcars.
* Water taxi interiors are disinfected after each commute.
* They are making real-time decisions, and are increasing capacity to respond to an evolving situation.
* They are being vigilant about not touching their faces, washing their hands more frequently, covering their coughs and sneezes.
For updates on any potential schedule changes and for all things Metro, click here
to sign up to receive Transit Alerts, to subscribe to our Facebook and Twitter channels, and to read the Metro Matters blog.
This message was posted at 12:25 on Monday and will be updated as needed.