About Voice of Vashon
KVSH 101.9FM – A to I
KVSH 101.9FM – J to Z
VASHON EOC SITUATION REPORT # 52, MAY 20
May 20th, 2020 - Posted in Alerts
COVID-19 Vashon Daily Briefing Weekdays the Vashon Emergency Operations Center produces a briefing for our emergency workers and for the community. The daily situation report includes information on Vashon community response actions and support.
You can read the full text of the report as a PDF here:
https://vashonbeprepared.org/News/SitReps Current Virus Statistics:
Vashon Island COVID-19 Case Count as of 5/20/20:
* 4 confirmed positive cases, 0 change since last Situation Report yesterday * Date of last positive test: April 13 * 0 Vashon deaths King County COVID-19 Case Count as of 5/20/20:
* 7,617 confirmed positive cases, 35 new since last Situation Report yesterday * 530 deaths, 1 new since last Situation Report yesterday Washington State COVID-19 Case Count as of 5/18/20:
* 18,811 confirmed positive cases, 200 new since last Situation Report yesterday * 1031 deaths, 29 new since last Situation Report yesterday NOTE: Federal law prohibits Public Health – Seattle & King County from releasing the names of patients (HIPAA Act). Public health experts say we should all assume the virus may be in our community and continue safe distancing and hand washing.
Health Tip of the Day:
* Public Health Seattle & King County has issued information for face covering use by community members that are deaf, hard of hearing or blind. The guidance includes helpful tips, links and a 1-hour instructional video on solutions for using face coverings with hearing aids, implants and glasses. Visit https://kingcounty.gov/depts/health/covid-19/care/~/media/depts/health/communicable-diseases/documents/c19/face-coverings-guidance-ASL.ashx New Developments since Last Report:
* Since the summer farmers market will not be operating this year due to the pandemic, Vashon Island Growers Association (VIGA) is offering a one stop online marketplace listing of farm stands on the island. Participating farm stands are listing available products and shown on a maps with contact information. To find a farm stand visit https://foodaccesspartnership.vigavashon.org/farm-stand-locations * Vashon Fresh is another way VIGA member farmers offer you to get fresh, locally grown fruits, vegetables, and prepared food. Order 24/7 online and orders are distributed on Wed and Sat. Visit https://vashonfresh.localfoodmarketplace.com/Products * This week Voice of Vashon’s REALTalk show featured Deborah Diamond discussing Washington unemployment. If you missed the show it is now available at REALTalk ~ Deborah Diamond ~ Washington Unemployment | Voice Of Vashon * This morning Vashonite Dr. Jim Bristow was interviewed on MSNBC to discuss the Medical Reserve Corps COVID_19 Rural Test and Tracing Toolkit. The toolkit is being shared with rural and tribal communities that do not have ready access to COVID-19 testing or have supply shortages. See the interview on MSNBC at http://www.msnbc.com/hallie-jackson/watch/wa-island-community-creates-simple-self-service-testing-system-83696709592.
* King County Metro Community Van is working to increase its driver pool with a few of the County bus drivers, but this will only cover some of the need for drivers.
Community Van still needs additional volunteer drivers to complete off island trips, weekend trips, and trips that require the ramp to be deployed. If you would like to be a volunteer driver contact Megan Lockhart at Cell: (206) 773-7003 or email VashonVan@kingcounty.gov * The Chamber of Commerce webinar series, Chamber Chat #11, will be tomorrow Thursday May 21st from 9-9:45am, the topic will be Pivoting Your Business with a Strong Business Plan with Rachel Waldron. For more information or to register visit https://www.vashonchamber.com/.
Progress on Community Support Operations:
* EOC Operations: The Planning Section began the process today of compiling each unit’s work for the next emergency response operational period, one week beginning this coming Monday. Checks will go out by the end of the week for Disbursement #3, a total of $26,000 for social service and economic recovery partners working with the EOC on the emergency response, the work being funded by the Vashon COVID Relief Fund and VashonBePrepared. This is Day 70 since EOC activation on March 12. 12 days are left in the current Stay Home, Stay Safe order. We are currently in Phase 1 of the Governor’s four-phase re-opening strategy.
* Household and Neighborhood Support Branch: The weekly social service agency task force meeting took place today, focusing on coordination of the ongoing efforts in two of the four main priorities of the Vashon COVID Relief Fund, food and shelter.
Health and economic recovery are the other two priorities. Weekly meetings continue with social service agencies providing help to Spanish speaking Vashon residents, including La Comunidad and Vashon Youth and Family Services.
* Business Support Branch: Curriculum development has begun for the back-to-business workshops that will be produced by the Chamber of Commerce in collaboration with VashonBePrepared. Sourcing information is also being developed in collaboration with the EOC Logistics Section for items to be included in a back-to-business toolkit that will be given at no charge to each business completing one of the workshops.
The economic recovery project is being funded by VashonBePrepared through the Vashon COVID Relief Fund.
* Medical Support Branch: Efforts continue to share two model programs developed on Vashon with other rural communities and the Tribal nations. The lead for the Medical Reserve Corps COVID-19 testing project appeared on MSNBC this morning. He was joined by the lead of the Community Care Team in two Congressional briefing meetings with Senator Maria Cantwell and Representative Primila Jayapal.